Smart strategy for 2022: future e-commerce trends and products to sell
Make smart strategic choices with these 2022 e-commerce trends selected by the Sendcloud team. Armed with this information, develop a winning e-commerce strategy for the new year. Keep in mind that streaming is also a perfect way for e-commerce brands. There are two options – 1st is hiring a person who will stream product reviews everyday, or there is a second way – pay money to the streamer who is already on a big level. When you buy viewers Twitch is giving more organic boost to the streaming. It means that organically you’ll have bigger exposure. So, if you are an ecom biz owner, you can start streaming and also searching for smart strategies to base future marketing on it.
Athleisure remains one of the trends for 2022. We’re spending more and more time at home, who hasn’t traded in their work clothes for a sweatshirt yet? From hoodies to leggings, sportswear as everyday wear will continue to grow in 2022.
Many consumers have become accustomed to the comfort of athleisure and plan to keep these cozy garments. First reserved for the home, athleisure is now noticeable in the street, comfort prevails on a daily basis.
The demographic segment for athleisure? Young people like Generations Y and Z. Reach them online, where they are most often, and naturally on social networks!
As mentioned earlier, consumer interest in second-hand goods continues to grow. Consuming responsibly is becoming more and more important, so why buy new when second-hand products exist?
Between consumers eager to make some money on Ebay, the closure of some thrift stores for health reasons and the growing desire for environmentally friendly clothing, online stores would be well advised to offer second-hand products in 2022.
Examples of thriving and popular online thrift stores, where designer accessories and clothing can be found, are legion. Additionally, as a popular brick-and-mortar store with a strong e-commerce presence, Urban Outfitters has already enjoyed great success with its Vintage & Urban Renewal clothing line, for which the brand sources handpicked vintage clothing from from a recycling partner.
Currently, only 9% of the economy is circular. It is estimated that taking advantage of the remaining 91% represents a potential market of 4,500 billion dollars!
In ten years? Resale is expected to overtake fast fashion, with consumers primarily owning second-hand or discounted clothing. As an e-tailer, integrating second-hand lines could be a great way to capitalize on green e-commerce trends in 2022.