Halitosis is a condition that is commonly known as bad breath. Bad breath can be problematic while socializing; hence, it is essential to overcome the problem by maintaining oral hygiene. However, individuals who are unable to manage their oral hygiene should consult a dentist in Lahore. It may be a result of gum disease that requires proper medical attention.
The symptoms and causes of halitosis/bad breath include:
- The person can notice the accumulation of bacteria on the tongue. The tongue becomes white or yellow, which is a result of poor oral hygiene. The individuals not in a habit of brushing and flossing regularly have tartar and plaque that may cause bad breath.read more : onlinewebworld24.com
- Dry mouth is also known as xerostomia result correlate with halitosis/bad breath. The bacteria become concentrated with the saliva and disturbs the pH level, which causes bad breath, which is noticeable from long distances.
- Allergies and various sinus conditions cause the accumulation of thick mucus that may cause an individual to suffer from bad breath.
The remedies that can help overcome the problem of bad breath are:
- Get in the Habit of Brushing your Teeth after every meal: The accumulation of plaque can cause gum disease and bad breath. Using fluoride-based toothpaste is proven beneficial for overcoming the problems related to bad breath. Also, it is an essential part of maintaining oral hygiene.
- Use Tooth Paste with Antibacterial Properties: The accumulation of bacteria in the mouth causes xerostomia and halitosis. It is vital to confer with your dentist, who can help recommend toothpaste available in your region with antibacterial properties.
- Get Diagnosed and Treated for Gum Disease: If one is unable to get rid of the bad breath, it may be an indication of gum disease. Bacteria gets accumulated in the pockets of the gums that is not easy to get rid of; hence, it is better to consult a specialist who can help deal with the gum disease.visit here to know more information : topworldzone.com
- Flossing Once a day: Floss helps get rid of food; that gets trapped in the middle of the teeth. Flossing once a day helps maintain oral hygiene and minimizes the chances of suffering from halitosis/bad breath.
- Don’t forget to Clean your Tongue: The stinky bacteria accumulate on the top of the tongue. It is better to use the back of the toothbrush to scrape the tongue and get rid of white/ yellowish material from the tongue.
- Clean your Retainers: Individuals who use retainers and other dental dentures should clean them once a week from the products recommended by their dentist.
- Schedule a visit to your dentist every six months: Plaque and tartar can result in multiple issues. Hence, it is essential that everyone visits their dentist twice a year and overcome any oral problems on time.
- Eliminate Smoking and Alcohol from your Lifestyle: Smoking can cause multiple issues such as discoloration, poor breath and compromise the overall health of your teeth. Additionally, alcohol users should limit their intake, as it correlates to bad breath.
- Hydrate Yourself! Keeping yourself hydrated helps regulate the saliva in the mouth. Drinking 8-10 glasses of water helps minimize the chances of getting a dry mouth.click here for more : topworld45.com
- Avoid Certain Foods: Sugary food, garlic, and onion are known to contribute to bad breath; hence, it is best to avoid or limit their intake.
- Consume Vitamin A and C enriched Foods: Green vegetables, citrus fruits, and nuts help the body fight against multiple diseases. Additionally, intake of proper nutrition allows the immune system to fight against any infection.
People who are suffering from halitosis and want to get guidance regarding their condition and how lifestyle changes can help overcome it should consult a dentist. Individuals who are looking for a competent and verified dentist should book their appointment through Hameed Latif Hospital.