Crowdsourcing in the telecom industry has gained huge popularity due to the increasing adoption of mobile services among users and to provide more authority to consumers and social media platforms. Crowdsourced data is something an important resource for mobile network operators (MNOs) and they require crowdsourced data while planning and building their networks. So, at the time of deploying the 5G network, crowdsourced data can be used to:
- Understand your current network performance to make a plan for network developments, such as 5G.
- Validate network coverage and monitor the quality of experience (QoE) with cost-effective solutions to test an affected area as compared to rolling out a drive testing team.
- Benchmark end-user experience based on KPIs and competitor networks to provide an understanding of where the network needs improvement or highlight areas that need improvement in coverage and capacity.
- Allow RF engineers to decide in which places it will be most beneficial to deploy 5G by identifying capacity demand via accurate subscriber usage.
Using crowdsourcing data for 5G, some benefits are there that you can avail such as improvement of your efficiency, reduction of your operating costs, increase profits, enhancement of user experience, and so on. Crowdsourcing is a procedure that involves seeking knowledge, ideas, and services from a large group of people, especially from the online community. It’s a way of looking beyond a business, for example, companies with crowdsourcing can distribute labor to a large group of people, which will be easy to allow them to select the best result from a sea of talents performing micro-tasks.
With crowdsourcing, possible options for better decision-making get increased, a massive amount of data can be collected and getting visibility, thereby it is beneficial in reducing cost. In addition, results can also be delivered through crowdsourcing much more quickly than when using traditional methods. So, now let us see the benefits of using crowdsourcing data for 5G along with Reliable 5g tester, 5G test equipment, 5g network tester tools and Reliable 4G Testing RF drive test software, Cellular LTE RF drive test tools & equipment in detail.
Key benefits of crowdsourcing in terms of site prioritization
- Crowdsourcing data allows for site deployment arrangements to address issues like network coverage and capacity.
- Provides the network quality estimation before and after site densification.
- Evaluates the ROI of new sites which have been deployed.
Key benefits of crowdsourcing in terms of capacity planning
- Gives ideas or suggestions on traffic density forecasts as well as estimation of 5G.
- Offers an estimate of the network score based on simulated network KPIs, before and after 5G deployment.
- Helps in identifying the congestion factor (cell loads, throughputs, packet losses, etc.) both for peak hours and less demanded times.
Key benefits of crowdsourcing in terms of service launch
- Provides input or response into traffic density estimation along with providing forecasts at a minimum level of network quality.
- Identifies buildings that have unacceptable service quality without deploying in-building solutions.
Some of the other advantages of Crowdsourcing are as follows:
- Cost-effectiveness is the utmost factor when it comes to profitability aspect which drives many companies to choose to crowdsource. When you hire a new team of experts specifically for a new project, you would spend paying wages, providing office space, and covering health insurance, etc., for them. But, with crowdsourcing, you can simply offer a one-time reward for a new project.
- If you want to build your brand promotion, you can use your crowdsourcing challenge as an opportunity. Your company will get a ton of publicity from launching a crowdsourcing challenge. For example, when LG utilized crowdsourcing to promote its newly launched model, the brand got received great PR.
Crowdsourced data is a vital part of the mix for network planning, hence crowdsourcing mobile network testing is important to perform. Crowdsourcing testing can be conducted to build your own long-term user’s crowd-sourced data on the Quality of Experience (QoE) of the mobile network with the help of RantCell. You can install RantCell on your device (Android or iOS) to receive feedback on the network so that you can provide proper solutions to the end users. RantCell plays as a mobile network testing tool that not only measures network performance but also analyses test data on its web-based dashboard.